COVID-19 GUEST INFORMATION
Updated 2 of November, 2021. Currently Victoria has reached it’s 80% target of vaccination rates. The following information is subject to change daily.
The following rules and regulations concerning covid-19 will apply to our holiday park:
- No day visitors may enter the park until further notice.
- All government health regulations apply to those staying at Kanasta Caravan Park.
- These directions are enforceable by Victoria Police. Please do the right thing.
The health, safety and enjoyment of our guests, staff and the wider community is our highest priority. Our management team have developed a ‘COVIDSafe Plan’ which forms the basis of the measures we have implemented. We are ensuring every day that we meet government regulations and apply best practice procedures for the accommodation industry in managing the risks of COVID-19.
We are endeavouring to keep up with all government advice and requirements, and we will provide updates as things change.
We encourage you to check this page prior to arrival to ensure you are aware of all current changes.
ACTIONS WE ARE TAKING TO REDUCE THE RISK OF COVID-19
- Significantly enhanced disinfection and cleaning of shared spaces.
- Measures such as ‘sneeze screens’ and improved personal protective and hygiene equipment for our staff.
- Contact tracing procedures for all guests, staff, visitors and contractors.
- Signage and distancing markers to facilitate adherence to physical distancing and capacity requirements.
- Monitoring and reinforcing that physical distancing and good hygiene are practised by all staff and guests.
- A comprehensive response plan is in place in the event of a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the parks.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR GUESTS STAYING AT KANASTA CARAVAN PARK
Everyone who stays at Kanasta Caravan Park must agree to and acknowledge the following:
- Each booking must comply with the private home gathering limits of the Victorian Government and Kanasta Caravan Park site booking limits.
- All guests will complete a QR code for the duration of their stay – codes can be found around the park and outside the front of the office.
Further advice, recommendations and safe practices to ensure everyone has a safe and enjoyable holiday:
- All guests are encouraged to download and activate the COVIDSafe app.
Contact us on 03 7064 5571 in the first instance to reduce the need for visits to our Reception.
- Parents are reminded that they are responsible for the behaviour of their children at all times, including adherence to government mandated regulations.
- In order to achieve physical distancing requirements, please:
- Remain aware about social distancing at all times.
- Ensure only one person, per booking, enters reception. Wear a face mask at all times indoors.
- Request remote check in when appropriate.
- Adhere to all relevant signage and guidelines around the park.
- Refrain from shaking hands or touching anyone who is not a member of your booking party.
- Hand sanitiser is provided at several stations around the park, however, we recommend you bring and use your own to ensure safe hygiene can be maintained.
- Guests are responsible for maintaining good cleaning and disinfection practices at their accommodation during their stay.
- Follow government advice to frequently wash hands with warm water and soap for at least 20 seconds, before and after entering communal facilities and/or before and after any contact with surfaces that are used by more than one person.
- Follow safe respiratory hygiene, including avoiding touching your face and ensuring you cover your mouth and nose when you cough and/or sneeze with either a tissue that you dispose of immediately after use or your bent elbow and then washing your hands.
- Remember it is a combination of vaccinations, face masks in doors and good ventilation that has stopped the spread of COVID-19.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What guest facilities are currently open?
Guests are expected to take responsibility for their own hygiene and must adhere to gathering and physical distancing requirements.
Facilities that are open:
- Amenity blocks (toilets, showers and laundries)
- Picnic tables
What guest facilities are currently closed?
- The Games Room
- BBQ area.
Will I get a refund if I cannot come due to government imposed COVID-19 restrictions?
If you decide to cancel for another reason our usual cancellation policy will apply.
Will I lose the opportunity to rebook next year if I cannot come due to government imposed COVID-19 restrictions?
If you decide to cancel for another reason our usual rebooking policy will apply.
Do I need to wear a mask in the holiday parks?
All government imposed COVID-19 hygiene requirements apply inside the holiday parks.
Currently, all guests 12 years of age and older must wear a face mask indoors (unless a lawful exemption applies).
See www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/face-masks-when-wear-face-mask for information on when you must wear a face mask.
What if I see somebody who is not following government regulations?
Kanasta Caravan Park is reminding, encouraging, and assisting guests to meet their obligations where practicable and on a daily basis.
Monitoring adherence to these requirements at all times is not practicable and, as with day visitors and other holiday makers to our region, responsibility is incumbent on individuals to comply with all government directives.
Kanasta Caravan Park does not have the authority to enforce these government requirements; however, we are working closely with Victoria Police who do hold authority.
Kanasta Caravan Park may ask persons not complying with current government restrictions to leave the holiday park.
If you have concerns about non-compliance with government mandated COVID-19 regulations, call the Police Assistance Line on 131 444.
Why must we complete a QR code?
Guests at accommodation facilities are required to complete QR codes and the responsibility is incumbent on all guests to comply with this government directives.
CONVENIENTLY LOCATED 500M FROM RYE BEACH
5 minutes walk from the Rye boat launching ramp, cafes, shops, restaurants, pubs/clubs and safe swimming beaches.